Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?

2 participants
AuteurMessage
jamesjim

Weight/Poids: : 72 kg
Foil: : none
Kites/Ailes: : trainer
Wind/Vent: : 15

why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? Empty
MessageSujet: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? EmptyJeu 3 Fév 2011 - 12:45

why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs or skyseats? i have only seen kite foilers use foilboards and would like to know if it is possible to use the sit-on type? and if not, why?
thanks
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? EmptyJeu 3 Fév 2011 - 23:44

when you are used to stand up like kitesurfers, you simply are not thinking about sitting.
My 2 cents Smile
http://kiteinside.com
jamesjim

MessageSujet: Re: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? EmptyMar 8 Fév 2011 - 10:53

thanks for the reply
the reason i am interested in kite surfing with an airchair type set up is that i want to use it for coastal cruising. i would modify an airchair by creating a watertight compartment under the seat to store basic camping equipment and food. this is my basic idea so i was just trying to find out from people who, unlike myself presently, do kite foil if they think this is possible? and/or what would be needed to be overcome to make it possible?
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? EmptyMar 8 Fév 2011 - 21:10

Hey, Coastal riding is THE excellent idea ! Foil can go upwind as good as downwind so they are much better suited for long rides. You don't need to find the downwind places.

I thought about the same practice than you are intended to do. But thought about other solutions.

Either a 100% waterproof backpack with say no more than 5 to 6 kg. UL material is now available on the market for hikers that would do it properly for this project.

or some material harnessed onto my board. Be aware that I use a 170 cm long board... You could use a Malibu board too, it works good.

I even thought about some light inflatable surrounding that would transform my board into a inflatable stable boat I could sit on to reel in my lines in case of dropping wind.
http://kiteinside.com
jamesjim

MessageSujet: Re: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? EmptySam 26 Fév 2011 - 10:01

Sailing, if you have the time, is the superior way to travel IMHO. The thing holding people back is its unaffordability. Kites may not only make it possible to have a craft that is affordable but also may make it possible to have a craft that is FAST !

Laurent, 5-6 kg doesnt sound like too much to carry. When hiking i have used small pouches that attach to the front straps off backpack harnesses that might distribute the weight better - helping your endurance. They call them balance pockets. Remember UL hikers are going far from civilization for days at a time, most of the coastlines of the world are densely populated so you could be resupplying constantly-cutting the weight further.
From a safety point of view a surfboard is a very seaworthy craft but I was wondering how does hving a hydrofoil attached effect its ability to be paddled ?

My own ideas for a design are;

-airchair + kite

-ski biscuit + kite

-surfski(with removable keel) + kite

the ski biscuit design would be for downwind travel only and the tow line to water surface angle would have to be small 20-30 degrees. This design has the most unknowns for me so if any one could conceptualize it for me, it would be a great help.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?   why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs? Empty

why dont kite foilers use sit-on type airchairs?
Page 1 sur 1