Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Only bumping while trying to ride

3 participants
AuteurMessage
BraCuru
Membre

Weight/Poids: : 80
Foil: : Moses Hydrofoil
Kites/Ailes: : Cabrinha
Wind/Vent: : Any

Only bumping while trying to ride Empty
MessageSujet: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptyVen 12 Juil 2013 - 13:08

Maybe anybody would help me.
What am I doing wrong on this video:

https://vimeo.com/70171327

This is a third foil with very narrow shape wings and seems to be very technical. I tried Radical, Sword and something else and could not managed to ride 5m. I was bumping only.

Any idea please?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sylvain
Membre
sylvain

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1999
Masculin Messages : 1309
Weight/Poids: : 67
Foil: : spotz (shark)
Kites/Ailes: : takoon chrono 6, evo 8/11 et elf D8, vielle 16 naish raven et 5.5 ARX (collec)

Wind/Vent: : 8 à 30

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptyVen 12 Juil 2013 - 23:53

take some speed and don't try to get up, the speed is going to help you to fly. you don't have speed!!!
try to stay on water only, without fly, and after with speed you're going to fly. Putain pas facile l'anglais....
BraCuru
Membre

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptySam 13 Juil 2013 - 1:51

Sylvain,
Many thanks. I will try to be more patient next time.
I tried it yestarday and managed to ride maybe 15m.
I have to admit that comparing it with my Moses these racing shape wings are increadible techniacal and difficult. With Moses I can ride blinded, with a finger diging my nose;) 
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptySam 13 Juil 2013 - 11:59

Looks like you are having a go on the Radical foil. I have owned Carafino, Spotz and now Sword in that order and also know the Radical a little.

Race boards require more speed and are more sensitive to weight shifts. I have also found they require more back foot pressure except for the Radical, compared to free ride boards.

Passing from the Carafino (similar to Moses) to the Spotz I almost had to re-learn how to ride but the difference in glide and performance is like night and day.

I now feel better on the Sword than I ever felt on any other foil before. Be patient it is normal.
BraCuru
Membre

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptySam 13 Juil 2013 - 16:41

Windmaker a écrit:
Be patient it is normal.
Cheers.
How many hours, would you reckon, does need an average rider of "Moses" type to switch over to the racing shapes?

Would you recommand the Radical, Sword racing shape as a first foil for learning?

franckite24
Membre
franckite24

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 6155
Weight/Poids: : 63
Foil: : foils développés personnellement
Kites/Ailes: : flymaax toon 10m
UFO 7M
wings STORM et DUOTONE
Wind/Vent: : de 6 a 40nts

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptySam 13 Juil 2013 - 19:51

Radical is much easyer than sword and more funny to ride but slower
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride EmptyDim 14 Juil 2013 - 6:14

It took me 2 or 3 one hour sessions to feel comfortable passing from one foil to the next. If you have experience on a basic beginner foil, Radical foil or Taaroa Sword ( a little harder) should come easily. Learning direct on a Sword will be harder. Perhaps high performance manufacturers should start selling their foils with a choice of front wings to help progression and minimize cost?
Most important, we all get used to a certain feeling when riding our boards, so stick to one and learn it well.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Only bumping while trying to ride   Only bumping while trying to ride Empty

Only bumping while trying to ride
Page 1 sur 1