Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

WHISTLING REAR WING?

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

WHISTLING REAR WING? Empty
MessageSujet: WHISTLING REAR WING?   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyJeu 9 Juin 2011 - 20:43

Hi,
So I have a aircraft alu rear wing that does its job very well, but it whistles.
I bet this does not affect its work, BUT sure is nice with alu caraf copy that makes no noise BUT does not perform as well.
I will post photos of complete foil board soon.
Any ideas on why a rear wing whistles?
I must say, I am so blown away at how much fun it is to progress in this sport, getting on h2o jibes, and airborn toeside, fakey coming along!
Thanx David
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Admin
Admin

Kitesurf depuis/since : 0
Masculin Messages : 431

MessageSujet: Re: WHISTLING REAR WING?   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyJeu 9 Juin 2011 - 21:17

Hey David,

Remember the foil profile you asked me about for your T bar ? This one that is shrinking both sides than flat... It is such a profile that Fréjus Boyz have used for they T-bar AND front and rear wings !

Invité

MessageSujet: Hello Mister adminastrator Laurent Ness himself!   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyMar 14 Juin 2011 - 13:34

I must tell you that doing "flying" turns then holding toeside for awhile, then put board on h2o and change foot placement, HOW MUCH FUN CAN ONE HAVE?
But I now have ( if possible) more respect for god Marc Blonds talent to jibe strapless, while flying even!
Sure is better to ride in low steady marine than strong gusty tram!
So are you talking about worldofkrass profile s1012?
I chose this profile for my 1.1mm thick solid laminated strut as it "FIT" my rectanglular strut stock best (meaning I leave the most material possible!)
This is MOST INTERESTING as I will build more wings and struts!
A sym front and rear wing profile, please confirm!
Thanx
David
Nice picture by the way, although I like the one before better, where you are turning!
So North has a new low wind kite.
We will have one to test soon.
Is 18 m2 and purpose built for lightness, both construction and wind of course!
We will let you know.
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: WHISTLING REAR WING?   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyMar 14 Juin 2011 - 14:56

Yes this kind of profile (I think)
The picture is the one with the admin account. I shoudl have used this account. It s a mistake.
We tested the North Dino here a few times.
It flies real early and flies on the very edhe of the window. UL manufacturing.
Zeeko may propose an UL kite too. I used their 17 prototype in UL conditions in Frejus. Was a few times the only one sailing...
http://kiteinside.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Better photo!   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyMer 15 Juin 2011 - 13:17

Laurent,
Thanx for dino info but you left out how much pulling power it generated as say compared to flysurfer 19, 21 m2 or zeeko?
If you have flown these and could comment would be nice.
Is the big ul zeeko bridaled making it flat a little? AND RELAUNCH?
I find that with my north vegas 14m2 2006 40m lines that I need 8 knots to stay up wind.
And of course we always want to ride in less!
We had talked of PETER LYNN C QUADs and Kane Hartill, do you have contact info for him?
David, looking for afternoon thermal to go teach 2 friends this FANTASTIC sport!
sunny
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: WHISTLING REAR WING?   WHISTLING REAR WING? EmptyMer 15 Juin 2011 - 21:32

comparing all those kites is not that easy. The 21 Flysurfer is foiling before the 18 Dyno. This is for sure. The 17 Zeeko and the Dyno, I don't know. They are very different kites. Zeek has 3 struts and medium ratio when Dyno has 8 struts and HAR. They behave differently when flying. I guess they start in the same wind. Approximatively...

I spoke with Nicolas about the ERA relaunching of the 17 that he's improving today. This kite is still a prototype. Not available. Price will be way lower than the North for sure ! And lower then the Flsyurfer too.

No contact with Kane. But I would not myself foil with a non relauching kite. When the wind drops I can land my kite on the water, sit on my board and wait that the wind rises again and go back to the beach. With a C-Quad, you are stuck in this case.
http://kiteinside.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: WHISTLING REAR WING?   WHISTLING REAR WING? Empty

WHISTLING REAR WING?
Page 1 sur 1