Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
399 € 649 €
Voir le deal

Foiling in Puerto Rico

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Manuel
Membre
Manuel

Weight/Poids: : 160 pounds
Foil: : Lift
Kites/Ailes: : North Rebel 9, 12, 14, 16

Wind/Vent: : 8 to 18 knots most days

Foiling in Puerto Rico Empty
MessageSujet: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico EmptyMar 2 Nov 2010 - 11:42

Foiling in Puerto Rico

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico EmptyMar 2 Nov 2010 - 20:37

I like your videos but am always suprised but the absence of words... You are not the kind of guy that like to talk maybe ?

By the way, what are the foil wings seen in this video ?
http://kiteinside.com
Manuel
Membre
Manuel

MessageSujet: Re: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico EmptyVen 19 Nov 2010 - 12:09

Saludos Lauren

The foils we are using here in puerto rico are mainly carafino but not to long ago we tried the sky-ski aluminum foil and it has being a huge improvement, it much faster!!, sails in much less wind and it's smooth all the time ( no up and down). we can jump much higher , double back loops are not a problem . I can't wait to participate in a regatta , but they are not to popular here at the moment . I have raced most of my life, Sailboats , Catamarans , windsurfers and now kitesurfing . Sorry i don't talk that much but my first language is spanish and getting used to forums is taking me some time.

Saludos Again from Puerto Rico

Manuel
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico EmptyVen 19 Nov 2010 - 12:30

Manuel,

Your english is excellent. Thanks for the info. The sky ski seems excellent, we haven't seen any in France yet.

I thought they were only intended for sitting position. You have transformed one into a standing position or do they propose it in standing position now ?
http://kiteinside.com
Manuel
Membre
Manuel

MessageSujet: Re: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico EmptyVen 19 Nov 2010 - 13:08

Laurent

The sky -ski people sell one ( Ripper) that is intended for towing behind a boat with boots ( standing) , but a friend took the boots off and used it with a kite and in less than a hour he was super excited and on the phone calling me to let me know how much better it was. Since then we can't go back to the Carafino the diference is huge and there are 5 sky -skies in the island.
the people from sky -ski where very surprise that we could foil with out the foostraps ( it can be very dangerous , its has very sharp edges !! ) but since we use nothshore pads with straps and installed them once we get them . I honestly intrigued at how you foils work ? fast foil and Jc , (aluminum t bar is heavy , but you can't tell once it's in the water ) .In the summer we had some pros ( Damien leroy, Adam koch, Julien kerneur ) raced in the island , but it was quite windy and a short course so we could easily outpoint them but downwind they pulled away , but with this new boards they are going to have a much harder time . i hope to meet you some day, and if you come to puerto rico i will make sure you have a good time.

Manuel

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Foiling in Puerto Rico   Foiling in Puerto Rico Empty

Foiling in Puerto Rico
Page 1 sur 1