Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

Building designing questions, ideas

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Building designing questions, ideas  Empty
MessageSujet: Building designing questions, ideas    Building designing questions, ideas  EmptyLun 1 Nov 2010 - 22:42

Hello all.
I will design and build my third foil this winter, I have some ideas and questions?
I was given two pieces of solid laminated carbon one measures .7mm x 14 cm x 83 cm, the other 1.1 cm x 132 cm x 30 cm.
It seems super strong and stiff but maybe hard to work with?
Before I start to design and cut I will ask some questions.

Does it not make sense to attach the vertical strut to the horizontal fuselage at the center of lift point?
Do we find this by surface area caculations of the rear and front wings, not forgetting the fuselage?
How would you find this, and do you think it matters?

Please do not hesitate to ask me questions if I do not make myself clear, sometimes concepts are hard to explain.

I found a designer and builder who I think has a good ideas, see jc-kiteboards.fr

By using an angled strut, 97° from the rear of the fuselage to strut,83° from the front of the fuselage to strut, you can attach the strut closer to the center of your stance thereby elimanating the long lever from the strut to the front foot on the board, as in 90° under rear foot design.
Seems to make structural sense.
Any thoughts?

Should the horizontal fuselage be paralle with the board?

Does it seem correct that a longer horizontal fuselage, with therefore wider spaced wings, become more stable, ie a physics concept called "moment"?
Has any one had first hand testing of this concept?

Why not bevel 45° or more the front and rear of the strut to board mounting plate making it more hydrodynamic?
Or better yet, as I have seen others starting to do, insert the strut thru the board and fix to a plate on top of the board with a thin reinforcing plate on the bottom of the board.
Again any thoughts?

I am struggling with this next concept, please help!
Understand that I am just able to find stable trim with my board with consistant wind only, any gusts and I go up and down, been riding for about 2 months only.
I found that my rear foot placement is important, with my board 1cm can change alot, To far back and the foil goes up way to fast, but to far forward and you have to give alot of rear foot weight to "lift off"
I use and am a firm believer of foot hooks,half straps, to hydrofoil at my level now as you have the exact same foot placement each water start and enough foot to board control but with the freedom to exitl fast unlike even loose straps, just my opinion!!

What is this relationship to the angle of attack of the rear and for that matter the front wings, to your weight distribution center over the wings, rear and front foot placement?

Has anyone worked with solid laminated carbon fiber plate? Would you know where to find info on how to cut, drill, tap, lay up, ect?

I hope I have asked some stimulating valid questions and any response will be welcomed!

Thank you David
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Building designing questions, ideas
Page 1 sur 1