Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

epoxy mastic mixture

AuteurMessage
dwb
Membre
dwb

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1999
Masculin Messages : 100
Weight/Poids: : 73
Foil: : diy fk inspired
Kites/Ailes: : North
Wind/Vent: : 7-45

epoxy mastic mixture Empty
MessageSujet: epoxy mastic mixture   epoxy mastic mixture EmptySam 22 Déc 2012 - 14:00

Hello foil builders!

So nice we survived the end of the world to so we can continue to design and build our h2o flying toys!
I am reprofiling my 3 year old foil for improved performance and stiffness.
I added strips of uni carbon to the top and bottom of front wing, after using a " female, concave" Franky style profile guide for correct placement.
Then added some 300 gram bibias, again to fill the missing profile places according to the guide.
There of course were still unfilled spaces so mastic was needed.
I tried 2 types of micro balloons with limited success even testing different ratios.
I remembered someone had said simple talcum, baby powder would work.
I SLOWLY added talc to epoxy resin catalyst mixture and mixed well.
For me 90% was not enough and 110% was to thick, so just by chance a 1 to 1 ratio worked fantastic! bounce
Using the thin plastic shaping guide I could "PULL" the mastic across the wing, leaving a nice smooth profile the correct thickness.
I think as all my previous work was done using epoxy, that an epoxy mastic should "stick" better as compared to polyester or vinyl ester.
But for me the best part is that your can work with this talc epoxy mastic for a LONG time.
And talc is cheap, smells good and unlike ultra fine micro balloons not to bad for your lungs.
I am sure that unlike polyester which is easy to sand, this when dry will be very hard, like vinyl ester.
So to avoid to much sanding apply correctly!
I have the feeling that this is a FINISHING MASTIC maybe not suited to thicker fills.
Anyway hope someone finds this helpfull.
merry Christmas ,David santa
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

epoxy mastic mixture
Page 1 sur 1