Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
http://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

CalendrierCalendrier  AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez

QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? Empty
MessageSujet: QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? EmptyLun 2 Mai 2011 - 19:24

Hello foilers!
So with good steady marine wind, which is rare here in gusty tram la franqui, I can find the sweet spot and stay fairly stable.
I am at the stage where I am better my dominant side (goffy) but slowly getting regular more confortable.
After only 1 hour BOTH of my quadricepts were hurting and lacking strength of course the rear leg, needing to apply pressure to stay up.
I ride with no rear strap and try to find the sweet spot stance but still found my back quads burned out, I ride mountain bikes not bad so I feel I have at least better than normal endurance and leg strength, but wow extended board flying is taking its toll.
Any ideas on how to ride longer so I can improve?
THANX FOR ANY INPUT!
DAVID
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
chris_middleton
Membre
chris_middleton

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1998
Masculin Messages : 598
Weight/Poids: : 95Kgs
Foil: : Various - KETOS FOILS
Kites/Ailes: : Zeeko
Wind/Vent: : 8-40 knts

MessageSujet: Re: QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? EmptyLun 2 Mai 2011 - 21:16

I'm not sure what's gong on there David - I find foil riding relatively easy and not so tiring. I know that you have built your own foils but maybe you should make a visit to foil with a few of us here in Montpellier for a long weekend and try some other foils - I can put you up if you're stuck for somewhere to stay. Then you can see if it's your foil that to blame ???
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.chrismiddleton.fr
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: THANX CHRIS!   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? EmptyMar 3 Mai 2011 - 14:51

Hi,
So just back from a gusty first day tram eole foil session, wow shit wind!
BUT, I live to progress and that I did, having to really manage the kite and foil, such a challenge, FANTASTIC!
I did better than I would have thought, maybe all those sessions are paying off.
I would like very much to hook up soon, my worry is my 500 euro beach citroen AX is not up for such a long trip?
Maybe we can choose a good wind day and meet half way?
I would love 2 c your fastfoil wings and of course have u test my boards and me test yours!
THANX AGAIN CHRIS, and look forward to "RISE UP" with you!
David
Or, as we already talked about, u r welcome here a day where marine, thermic comes in here and maybe not there?
huge thanx for lodging there and maybe I find a better car to get there.
chow
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4098
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Alpine Foil
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

MessageSujet: Re: QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? EmptyMar 3 Mai 2011 - 22:48

Don't forget to remind us when the conditions are shitty here to come visit you. Like for the recent days we had a poor 6 knots when you had 15/20 !! We will highly motivated ou can be sure. As Chris told you, the best for you is to compare to other foils to find out what is wrong.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://kiteinside.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: With HUGE pleasure!   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? EmptyJeu 5 Mai 2011 - 10:12

Hi,
You and anyone else are always welcome here either on the La franqui beach if the thermal comes or further down south like st cyp or argeles!
As I have now lived here for 11 years, NOW is the time for afternoon thermals as the sea is still fairly cool and our wind creating friend the sun warms the land, PRESTO.... foil motor!
Sorry to tell you both but I have done 5 sessions in the last few days, strong and GOOD STEADY LIGHT tram and marine.
I have found some good foil spots safe for tram!
So I discover something that I am sure you both already know, when I apply front foot down force to keep from wing in the h2o my foil screams at me!
Am I correct in thinking that because the vert strut angles forward that the dreded cavitation trailing edge syndrome happens?
If I have read and understood, the air will travel down the strut ONLY when it can move back, ie. when the top is further forward than the bottom as in when gently diving?
It seems that when flying normally the strut is angled back slightly therefore the air will not go forward aganst the water flow?
And what is this seldom DROP OUT?
Sometimes I feel that the front wing just plain looses lift for a very short time?
Ideas?
Anyway

WOW AM I AN ADDICT AND JUST LEARNING

COME PLAY AND LEARN WITH ME

call to plan sessions as you please

David
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?   QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE? Empty

QUAD MUSCLE FATIGUE?