Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

How did this happen?

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

How did this happen? Empty
MessageSujet: How did this happen?   How did this happen? EmptyVen 4 Fév 2011 - 19:58

Hello all,
So I understand that Laurent Ness lost his foil board at palavas, So myself and others can avoid this HUGE misfortune please explain exactly how this could happen.
I am almost finished with two new boards and "T" I will post photos and "whys when complete.
If anyone reads this and has cold weather wet or dry suit info as well as advise for gloves and booties it would be nice to converse.
I have understood that Ocean rodeos pyro dry suit works well? And have read rant and raves about atans booties, both the 3 and 6.5 mm mistral and the model with seperate big toe. Any thoughts, I want to test my new foils but need to be as warm as possible as I am now 50!
chow David scratch
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
chris_middleton
Membre
chris_middleton

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1997
Masculin Messages : 601
Weight/Poids: : 93Kgs
Foil: : Zeeko Spitfire
Kites/Ailes: : North Carves
Wind/Vent: : 8-40 knts

MessageSujet: Re: How did this happen?   How did this happen? EmptyDim 6 Fév 2011 - 11:41

Hi David,

Laurent, from what I understand, was riding alone at Villeneuf le Maguelone in the first thermal SW wind conditions of 2011. The wind can be really scetchy here and turn offshore instantly. So, Laurent liking to push the limits was saililng alone in extremey light conditions when the wind decided to turn itself off, his kite would no longer fly and he could not relaunch his 10 square metre baby, no fault of the kite or rider just a complete lack of wind. After much waiting with the kite poised for relaunch he had to take the decision to wind in his lines and swim to shore as the night was falling.

He became seperated from his board and once he'd wound his lines in and got to his kite his kite the foil was a certain distance away from him. He swam back to shore and spent the next 36 hours scouring the bay of Aiges Morte in search of his radical foil board without succes.

He uses a OR Pyro Pro suit and I know that he is very happy with it.

I can't give you any info on the boots and gloves David but I am just going to brave the cold and see if I can foil later today - kind regards Chris
http://www.wooden-stuff.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Thanx Chris!   How did this happen? EmptyDim 6 Fév 2011 - 19:33

Hi,
I have been in touch with Laurent and was very interested in what happened, BIG thanx for info.
Funny story as related to me, way back in 2001. I had my first twin tip f one 170 with leash which broke in Spain. So like our liked administrator I also spent all night looking for my beloved board, BUT... I got so lucky and found mine at 6 am on the beach when the sun came up after searching all night!
I feel so bad for Laurent due to this experience as I have been there, BUT not 36 hours!
Also thank you for wet suit and bootie info.
I rode yesterday with a shorty, 2 lycras, and 5 4 3 wet suit no gloves hat booties was never cold BUT was a super sunny warm for feb day h2o about 13c and air 16c, not so cold and no foil as they are not done yet.
I have some old gloves hat and booties that will be tested next windy cold day.
Info for anyone who rides alone as I do alot even in strong tram.

STAY NEAR SHORE!
Jump high, kite loop and cut up wind directly!
ALWAYS CONSIDER WHAT MIGHT, COULD, WILL HAPPEN! BROKEN LINE, CRAMP, NO WIND, TO MUCH WIND ECT.....
Be super aware of the angle of our friend the wind so if needed to body drag the correct way back to shore.
And at least for me;
Wise to be MORE careful in light off shore wind!!!!!
Boards painted bright color a must to see!!
I ramble...
I will post photos of my two new foils when finished, hopefully the first this week!
chow
Chris sure hope to meet up and rise up together
If you pm me I will give phone number, bring laurent or we meet half way?
David in gusty la franqui not complaining as it blows often!!!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: How did this happen?   How did this happen? Empty

How did this happen?
Page 1 sur 1