Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
La structure du forum est en cours de modification suite aux demandes de plusieurs membres. Merci de participer à la discussion en cours sur les améliorations possibles ici:
https://kitefoil.forumactif.org/t1188-opportun-de-creer-des-sous-rubriques#11847
Kitefoil forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Kitefoil forum

Le forum bilingue du Kitefoil -The bilingual Kitefoil forum

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Disque dur SSD CRUCIAL P3 1 To (3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2)
Voir le deal
65.91 €

Hey, Everyone ! !

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Gioro_T

Weight/Poids: : 180
Foil: : Carafino
Kites/Ailes: : Flysurfer, etc
Wind/Vent: : ?

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyMer 5 Aoû 2009 - 0:20

... I just discovered this forum; got a Carafino board a while back but I'm just starting to make some progress actually riding it. (I'm going downwind 5 km, but I'll keep trying)

I'll read up on the articles and then ask you guys some more questions; really glad I've found this forum.

Cheers !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Gioro_T

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyMer 5 Aoû 2009 - 22:58

I'm back; so I read absolutely everything on the forum so far ... some new insight obtained, as well.

But I saw a thread in which placing a shim close to the rear wing was being discussed - I can't quite picture it ... guitar picks jammed in ... where ?

But anyway, after a few first runs (waterstart after waterstart and going downwind, of course) I figured I would be a good idea to set the rear footstrap even more to the back (which I did - to the max setting) and to screw the rear wing on the 'rear' setting as well; so the discussion I've found here kinda confirms this ... I'll let you know how it goes for me on my next run.
Oh, yes - forgot to say I'm kiting, of course.
My second goal is to try some transitions and start going toe-side ...

I feel like a total newb all over again, but it's very exciting and the soundless gliding above water makes it all worthwhile; I ofter joke that the Carafino is not a board - it's a vessel ! :-)

What else have I noticed ... onshore or side-onshore winds make it nearly impossible to get out as I'm constantly being pushed in shallow water; I guess once I can ride properly I'll be able to get out upwind quickly, eh ??

The other thing that I noticed in my perseverance is that if I try too hard and get frustrated this totally ruined my session & I waste my energy; the thing is to just ride, try to finesse it, find the sweet balance spot, etc ...

Cheers, everyone !

PS: and don't be shy to write a reply; I know this forum has very few members, but COME ON !!! :-)
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyJeu 6 Aoû 2009 - 13:15

Hello, Welcome on our forum,

Instead of moving your back strap more to the back, better try to foil with your back foot out of teh back strap just before this strap. You will have more control over the board. It avoids to go up and down.

And yes, for sure, we start in totally on-shore winds and go upwind immediatly. You will do the same after some foiling sessions.

Enjoy the funniest sport de glisse I have ever done !
http://kiteinside.com
chris_middleton
Membre
chris_middleton

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1997
Masculin Messages : 601
Weight/Poids: : 93Kgs
Foil: : Zeeko Spitfire
Kites/Ailes: : North Carves
Wind/Vent: : 8-40 knts

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyJeu 6 Aoû 2009 - 19:15

Hi Gioro,

Great to have you on the forum - the intial first few sessions are most definitely about discovery and learning how to redistribute your weight on a board. As you know by now everything is inverse to riding a twin tip. What can I share with you?

As you said don't fight it just go with it and enjoy the learning process. Each individual will have their personal stance and footstrap positions and if you try someone elses board it can feel really horrible - but it works for them so it's all about finding your sweet spot on your board.

Keep your stance quite quite close together and as Laurent said you don't need to have your back foot or front foot for that matter in the straps (people here are riding strapless) but I find it easier starting with at least one foot in a strap. Try and sail your board flat on the water reaching across the wind - don't focus on shifting your weight to the back of the board just keep the board flat on the water then gradually shift a bit of weight onto your back foot and board will rise. The majority of your weight will be on the front foot weighting the board down and keeping it flat to the sea. I guess you have already passed this stage but eventually you will find your comfort zone and begin to ride first for 5m then 10m then 20m and so on. Try and shift a little of your weight onto your back foot and then come forward again and you should experience the board rising up onto the foil. Try and keep foil as an extension of your body and imagine that the board does not exist - the foil is the board. Of course the only snag here is that the ankles move so it is some what tricky at first to keep it all together. Attempt to keep your body in alignment with the leg of the foil - some people say it is essential to ride quite straight legged but the more I ride the more I use my legs to flex and absorb wind changes pressure differences in the water.

You just gotta get out there and don't be frightened of it - for me it was a board with a bloody great anchor underneath it at first but you get your head around it relatively quickly. I hope that some of this has helped . If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards Chris M
http://www.wooden-stuff.com
Gioro_T

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyLun 10 Aoû 2009 - 23:15

Thanks so much for the advice; it helps quite a bit in visualizing the ride.

I tried yesterday again; not much progress to report; it was actually quite choppy & wavy; I imagine the foil encounters turbulence as well (it certainly felt like it)

CHeers !
Laurent Ness
Membre
Laurent Ness

Kitesurf depuis/since : 1993
Masculin Messages : 4364
Weight/Poids: : 70 kg
Foil: : Foils divers selon les années
Kites/Ailes: : Airush Ultra, Cabrinha Radar, North Evo ...
Wind/Vent: : 5 -> 25

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! EmptyMar 11 Aoû 2009 - 13:33

Sure it is more difficult to ride in wavy conditions but you will learn how to as well. You have to calculate that your board needs to touch the upper part of the higher wave if they are not too high, the foil will then stay in the water.
If the wave are higher you need to follow the swell, that means you need a good control already. Plus when going donw the swell it is accelerating crazy. Same thing, keep the lower you can, you will keep a better control over your ride.
Not easy though Very Happy
http://kiteinside.com
Contenu sponsorisé

Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Hey, Everyone ! !   Hey, Everyone  ! ! Empty

Hey, Everyone ! !
Page 1 sur 1